Over 20 years experience leading and transforming schools as an educator and administrator.
Education & Training
- Masters in Curriculum and Instruction, USC
- Masters in Education Administration with an emphasis in Social Justice, UC Berkeley
- Masters in Negotiation Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding, CSU Dominguez Hills
- Trained in Restorative Justice Practices and Trauma Informed Pedagogy
- ACSA Leadership Coaching Training Institute
Highlights of Educational Achievements:
- Mentoring New Principals (ACSA Mentor)
- Led site-based Equity Team & School Leadership Teams
- Campaigned for local School Board
- Led the only high school in the county to have equitable representation of students of color in International Baccalaureate (IB) courses; including 70% of our students taking at least one IB course.
- Successfully introduced a required Ethnic Studies course at the high school level.
- Moved a high school to full inclusion for Special Education, allowing students with various learning abilities to receive instruction in the general education setting while bringing the Special Education personnel to those classroom settings.
- Implemented Open Enrollment policy to Advanced Math pathways in middle and high school
- Led the growth of our Latinx Parent Organization from 8 participants to 80 participants on a consistent basis.
- Recognized as a Gold Ribbon School for our work on Professional Learning and our Smaller Learning Communities
- Founding Administrator of new STEM High School